If you are into golfing, visit the magnificent Miacomet Golf Club, which features a well-kept course with fast greens and sand traps.
The Nantucket Island Land Bank owns the course. It acquired its title after a section of the island called “The Meeting Place.” or “Miacomet,” which the Wampanoag Tribe initially inhabited.
The course is well-structured and available all year, making it a popular destination for seasonal and year-round golfers.
Miacomet Golf Club was among the first Land Bank’s purchases. Initially, it was a 9-hole facility acquired from a private investor to be preserved as an outdoor community resource in perpetuity. The Land Bank upgraded the course to 18 holes in 2003 and rebuilt the old fairways and tees.
Miacomet is presently Nantucket’s only public 18-hole golf course.
The facility is approximately three miles from town and one mile from the ocean. From Surfside road, take a right turn. While driving, you’ll eventually encounter Bartlett road, which meets Raceway drive.
At the stoplight, go left towards Somerset road. From there, move straight into West Miacomet Road, and you will see the club on the left side of the road.
Miacomet Golf Course has a restricted membership of 400 people. The limit ensures that members and non-members have equal access to tee times.
The green charge for 18 holes is $300 (300 Euros) per player.
If you don’t have a golf club, electro-cart, or trolley, you can hire them at a reasonable fee.
The club accepts payments via credit cards like VISA, MasterCard, Amex, and Discover.
The facility occasionally gives discounts to residents so that everyone can have the opportunity to play. They also ensure that tourists have equitable access to tee times.
Multiple posts in Miacomet Golf Course help you navigate the area. Most Land Bank pathways are in loop form. Once you stick to the arrows, you can revert to where you started.
Golf Club Regulations
- All players should report at the Golf Shop 15 minutes before their tee time.
- Every golfer must have a complete set of clubs.
- Non-golfers aren’t allowed to escort players to the field.
- Dogs are not allowed on the course.
- Foursomes should play 18 holes in 4 1/4 hours.
- If the field is packed, singles and twosomes are usually teamed.
- The management has marked restricted areas in the course with white stakes. Please don’t access these areas to avoid trouble.
- On the course, the golf warden and starter on duty have complete discretion over the regulations and pace of play.
- Environmentally Sensitive Areas (ESAs) are situated on holes 4 and 13, and there’s a restricted entry.
- ESAs are characterized as water hazards. Rule 26-1c governs activities in these sections.
Dress Code Policy
The premises do not allow denim jeans, cut-off shorts, tank tops, t-shirts, or flip-flops.
Men should wear collared shirts or mock necks.
For better and more convenient golfing, you are advised to wear running shoes or sneakers.
Miacomet Golf Course offers a driving range where players can work on their swings.
To perfect difficult shots, there is extensive chipping and pitching green. A practice bunker can also help players earn confidence in score-saving strokes.
In conclusion, if you want to experience a windswept Scottish-vibe golf course, spare a day or two and take a trip to this round-off facility. We guarantee you maximum enjoyment!